Look What I Found In My Closet – Notes From My Last Willow Creek Group Life Groups Conference
Okay. I have a confession to make. Many of you will find this surprising as I am generally known as an organized person. I’m not always great at dealing with smaller paperwork. As I learned today, many of the receipts and small notes that I carry around in my pockets end up in a pile in my closet. Today, I had an opportunity to get in there and do some clean up, and I discovered a small sheet of notes from my last Willow Creek Group Life Conference. I thought I’d share them with you here, because I think they still apply.
– Just like water and oxygen, COMMUNITY is essential to living.
– I don’t remember all the details, but the speakers, worship, breakout workshops, and discussion groups were excellent.
– The conference gave me a chance to:
– Rub shoulders with “Group Life” people from around the world (there were roughly 4,000 people at the conference and 13,000 viewing via satellite.
– Get new ideas and resources. (These conferences are always great for this!)
– Recalibrate, Recharge, and Re-vision
My Big Take Homes:
1. I need to be in Community.
2. Check my centerline (Community helps keep me in check).
3. We as Christian leaders have an opportunity to leverage technology for Community.
4. Caught a deeper vision for how discipleship can happen in Community.
5. We have a hope that we need to take into the Community.
I realize that these notes make seem a bit sketchy, but they bring back some great reminders and memories for me.
What conferences have had an impact on you? What conferences do you recommend and why?
No comments yet.