Okay. I have a confession to make. Many of you will find this surprising as I am generally known as an organized person. I’m not always great at dealing with smaller paperwork. As I learned today, many of the receipts and small notes that I carry around in my pockets end up in a pile in my closet. Today, I had an opportunity to get in there and do some clean up, and I discovered a small sheet of notes from my last Willow Creek Group Life Conference. I thought I’d share them with you here, because I think they still apply.
- Just like water and oxygen, COMMUNITY is essential to living.
- I don’t remember all the details, but the speakers, worship, breakout workshops, and discussion groups were excellent.
- The conference gave me a chance to:
- Rub shoulders with “Group Life” people from around the world (there were roughly 4,000 people at the conference and 13,000 viewing via satellite.
- Get new ideas and resources. (These conferences are always great for this!)
- Recalibrate, Recharge, and Re-vision
My Big Take Homes:
1. I need to be in Community.
2. Check my centerline (Community helps keep me in check).
3. We as Christian leaders have an opportunity to leverage technology for Community.
4. Caught a deeper vision for how discipleship can happen in Community.
5. We have a hope that we need to take into the Community.
I realize that these notes make seem a bit sketchy, but they bring back some great reminders and memories for me.
What conferences have had an impact on you? What conferences do you recommend and why?